top of page
< Back

Lynfield, 238 Barrow Road

A large, gentleman's abode built on the edge of the village.
'Double click' on the photograph for larger pictures and more notes.

This large, double fronted house has been divided into apartments. However, when the house was built around 1885-90, this was a four bedroomed family home.

Initially known as 'Field House' the property was home to the Brooks, Raven and Satchell families. However, the name was changed to 'Lynfield' when John Arthur Newbold (of Newbold and Burton footwear manufacturers) and his family moved here in 1923.

The Newbold connection ended sixty years later around 1993.

bottom of page